Saturday, November 22, 2008

hollerback debian lenny.

(2008 /nov /22ND. SAT ) lenny why so slow? It took me a day to install debian lenny on a old crappy pc. Debians install did not like the lack of ram 32MB . my old gateway pc is slow. gnome is slow // gnome is slow // gnome is slow. so i installed icewm the cool window manager. firefox is slow // firefox is slow // firefox is slow so i installed opera and dillo. gnome's file manager is slow // gnome's file manager is slow // gnome's file manager is slow so i installed xfe and rox-filer. =============== gdm and xdm both suck. i renamed gdm to gdm.BAK# for it would stop loading on start up. ================= i added ( exec icewm 2>/dev/null & ) to the ( .xinitrc ) file in my home directory. #------------------- # sound card hell. #----------------- my old sound card stil dosn't work with alsa and oss is not part of debian/lenny. #---------------- # debian/lenny a work in progres. I'm not turning all my machines over to debian/lenny yet. #-------------- # debian why did you have to kill off sarge/oldstable ? ? sarge/old-stable was working good ( on my old pc ) untill debian cut of support debian/sarge/oldstable no more repository meens no more old crapy apps for my old crapy pc. /////////////////////////////////////////// ///////// all things must come to a end. now i have to learn my way around debian/lenny/2008.