Sunday, November 23, 2008

debian4.5 lenny default suck desktop.

2008 / nov /23RD.

----------------------------------- So whats missing in the default suck/gnome desktop. ================ cdrecord ---> missing so install cdrecord my self. ~$ apt-get install cdrecord. =============== mkisofs ---> also missing from my default instal. =============== icedove/thunderbird was also missing. but debian4.5 lenny did have the extremely out-dated mutt installed. wht is mutt installed in my desktop and not icedove? I installed icedove and i'm never going to use mutt. ===================== rythembox was also forced on me. why no xmms? xmms is a classic and it worked great on mimi distros like (damn-small-linux ) when i use it. ===================== I still can't sort out my old audio card so i may switch distros. but not so fast because i don't use my old computer to much. ( no audio is not a deal breaker for me yet.) old computer with a 200mhz proccesor is not going o be a media server any ways. i installed icewm and disable gdm and gnome and i will use the old 200mhz pc for email. gnome can't run on 32mb of ram . icewm works okay for my email needs . gnomes file manager is to bloated for old 200mhz pc so i installed xfe , rox-filler and mc.